As I mentioned in last week’s column, the City is seeking feedback from TR residents on issues pertaining to economic development.
Go to www.polco.us to register and take the survey.
Eleven questions were posted last week; another twenty-one questions will be posted this week. A third installment of questions will be posted on June 21.
You can log in and answer all the questions at once, or go to the site multiple times and address the questions at your own pace. Once you have submitted an answer, you cannot access that question again.
Please take the time to share your opinions on the issues presented. The results of this survey will be incorporated into an economic development strategic plan that is being developed by the City, with assistance from Madison-based Redevelopment Resources, LLC.
Midnight on June 30 is the deadline for participating in this on-line survey.
Reminder of a Few Parking Laws
A local resident recently asked that I use this column to remind people of some of the general prohibitions established by State Statutes (Section 346.53), related to on-street parking.
That’s probably a good idea, since most of us have not had to study up for a written driver’s test in many years.
Here goes–parking is prohibited:
- Within 4 feet of the entrance to a driveway, private road or alley
- Within 15 feet of a crosswalk
- Within 10 feet of a fire hydrant (unless an official sign indicates a greater distance)
Suddenly, it’s Summer. And there are plenty of Summer events in the weeks ahead, including:
- Two Rivers Municipal Band, Tribute to the U.S. Flag, Thursday, June 15, 6:30 PM, Central Park.
- Ice Cream Sundae Thursday, Thursday, June 22, 5:30 to 8:00 PM; event sponsored by Schroeder’s Department Store, ice creams by Kemp’s; 25-cent sundaes, kids’ games, entertainment.
- Cool City Classic Car Cruise, Friday, June 23; cruise gathers at UW Manitowoc starting at 4:00 PM and heads up the lakeshore along Memorial Drive at 6:00 PM. Destination: downtown Two Rivers for food, drinks, music and car talk, until 9:00 PM.
- CoolCity Classic Car Show, Saturday, June 24, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM up and down Washington Street in downtown TR. (Registration for show starts at 7:00 AM and runs to 10:00 AM.)
(For more information on the car cruise and show, go to www.tworiversmainstreet.com.)
- Central Park Concert, Becky Markvart and Greg Pagel, Thursday, June 29, 6:30 to 8:00 PM, sponsored by Fox’s Piggly Wiggly.
- Independence Day Program and Fireworks, Tuesday, July 4, 7:15 PM show time with fireworks at dusk, Walsh Field. Thanks to all event sponsors!
- Central Park Concert, Matthew Schroeder, Thursday, July 6, 6:30 to 8:00 PM, sponsored by Two Rivers Elks Lodge #1380.
Summer’s here! Get out and enjoy it.
Two Rivers City Manager Greg Buckley can be contacted by calling 920-793-5532 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.